Monday, September 6, 2010

Halloween Minis

I haven't posted in awhile. I went through a few months of not feeling creative. Lately I've been working on some new projects though. Here's one of them.

Photobucket

Since Halloween is my favorite holiday, I decided to give my ponies some Halloween accessories! (I'd love it if we ever got an actual MLP Halloween playset). If I ever find one of the G3 buildings at a thrift store again, I'm going to pick it up and repaint it to look like a haunted house; I could kick myself for not having picked one up at Salvation Army a few weeks ago. Round-n-round kindly volunteered to pose for the picture.

Photobucket

Some of the sculpted items were made from Crayola air dry clay (I don't like using this stuff at all but for the uncomplicated stuff like the pumpkins it worked okay). The crayola clay was used for the pumpkins, gourd, candy corn, and bone. I used air dry polymer clay (much easier to work with!) for the cauldron, wand, mortar and pestle, fortune cookies, and chocolate chip cookie.

Photobucket

The two orange cylinder-shaped beads are going to be candle holders once I can get to the store and pick up some birthday candles; I didn't make the beads though. I used wet herbal tea bags to dye the paper for the scrolls and book pages. The broom is made from a twig that I whittled the bark off, then painted and sealed; the bottom part is made from pine needles. For the leaves, I used a scrapbooking punch. I'd like to find a punch for maple leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment